Friday, March 27, 2009

PodCasts as a RULA20 exercise

Interesting coincidence: I wanted to listen to an audio file (an interview of Seetha Gunraj by Michael Schellenberg) today that I found on BookLounge.ca (actually I was notified about this file and about the book from a newsletter that I subscribe to), but first had to update some software.... this meant actually downloading the Itunes plug in.

The BookLounge.ca site also has podcasts, so I decided to use their RSS feed for this exercise.

I really do not like having to download all these plugins etc. in order to get everything to work... too much trouble that I'd just as soon do without. Besides, I'm not really a "music" person, don't have an ipod, and although I acquired an MP3 player with a cd-player once, I haven't actually bothered to use it. Only this past year did I rip music off a cd-rom onto my computer.... I'm not really a dinosaur but....

Here is a link to the BookLounge.ca page on podcasts and how-to do it. This is where I found the RSS link for their author podcasts. http://www.booklounge.ca/podcasts/guide.html

Anyway, I'm actually looking forward to testing this out further by way of seeing how the automatic downloads work.

Time to log off! Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment